What is a Repeat Prescription?
Repeat prescriptions are medications which appear on the reverse of your prescription which your doctor would like you to continue on a regular basis.
How to request a Repeat Prescription
Repeat prescriptions may be ordered in several ways (please note that we can not take your prescription request over the phone):
- Online – You can order your repeat prescriptions via our online services
- Email – Please email your prescription request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person – Fill in a prescription request form or underline the items needed on the tear-off side of your prescription and drop it into the surgery.
- Post – If a stamped addressed envelope is supplied your prescription can be returned via Royal Mail. Find our postal address.
- Pharmacy – You may also arrange for a pharmacy of your choice to collect your prescription on your behalf.
If you need to order your birth control pill prescription please complete Oral contraception form.
Repeat prescriptions will be ready in 48 working hours from your request. Please note if your prescription request is NOT on your repeat prescription your request will take longer to process and the doctor may wish to speak with you. Delays may also occur if your medication request is different from what your doctor has prescribed for you.
We will return your prescription to you by post if a stamped addressed envelope is provided.
Many chemists offer a delivery and collection service. Speak to your preferred chemist directly for details. This means that you do not have to come to the surgery to collect your prescription and then take it to a chemist.