In order to assist us to make a full assessment of the potential risks to your health from your planned travel, we would ask you to complete a Travel Risk Assessment form at least 4 weeks before you travel. The completed form can be brought in person, emailed( firstname.lastname@example.org ), posted or faxed. Once an assessment has been done by the nurse she will then send you a text message advising if any vaccination/medication is needed.
At your appointment we may ask the following questions to help us plan for your trip:-
- When are you departing and for how long?
- Where are you going, including the destinations within a country?
- Where are you staying, e.g. backpacking, camping, hotels?
- Are you planning to undertake any high risk activities?
- Have you taken out travel insurance and have you informed the company of any existing medical condition?
- If female and of child bearing age, is there any possibility you could be pregnant, or are you planning a pregnancy?
- Do you have any medical conditions, or a history of significant medical illness? (these can influence the choice of malaria tablets we recommend)
Useful External Websites
It would help us greatly if you had some awareness of the travel problems that you may be at risk from on your trip before you come for your appointment.
Please look at the following website, to read the information for the county you are visiting www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk.
Other useful websites to look at are:-